Portugal and Alentejo
Who we are
Travessa dos Mascarenhas, 16
Fialho Restaurant began as a tavern, founded by Manuel Fialho in 1948, with the collaboration of his sons Love, Gabriel and Manuel. The current owners, Gabriel, who is in charge of the kitchen, and Love, responsible for public relations, continuing the work of his father.
In the early 50's started serving snacks and some traditional Alentejo food dishes, simple but thorough cooking and having already a reasonable wine list.
In the 60's became the "Casa de Pasto," serving on a monthly basis some public officials and administratives temporarily placed in Évora, being this the period of homemade barbecue chicken famous at the time.
In the 70's, the "Fialho" honed his effort to extend and improve the quality of supply, through the collection of traditional dishes, some almost disappeared as the "Royal Hunt Favada" served by King Carlos to his guests after the hunt, the "Soup Beldroegas", "Migas Gata", "Pennyroyal Cod" and other food of Alentejo.
The 80's marked a new phase of high repute in the restaurant life with honorable attendances abroad and was then recognized for it's work done for the defense and preservation of the Alentejo Regional Cuisine.