Casa de Veiros is a Guest House, situated in the quiet village that gives it its name, characterized by its target rural houses and its towering castle.
This ancient village, belonging to the beautiful municipality of Estremoz, has vestiges of Roman occupation and was regained from the Moors in 1217 by D. Afonso II, who donated these domains to the Order of Avis. Veiros is known to have been the place where the House of Bragança originated, because here was born in 1377 the first Duke of Bragança, D. Afonso, son of the Master of Avis with D. Inês Pires (native of Veiros).
This quiet village features interesting monuments such as what remains of its towering Castle (5 min. Walk), the Renaissance Parish Church or Church of St. Savior of the World (5 min. Walk), probably founded in the 13th century, but greatly altered. afterwards the beautiful 13th / 14th century Nossa Senhora da Mileu Church (6 min. walk) or the beautiful Renaissance Pillory built in 1539. With a privileged location you can visit the following places by car: Dam 2 min ; Estremoz 10 min; Borba 25 min; Vila Viçosa 35 min; Avis 40 min; Alter stud farm 45 min; Arraiolos 45 min; Évora 50 min.