We are a small boutique hotel in the middle of the Alto Alentejo countryside. With its traditional architecture and all the details and amenities of a 4-star hotel, our guests can return to the past with all the modern comforts.
Because we believe in environmental protection, sustainability and the use of renewable energy, we are certified by Biosphere as an ECO hotel. While we are already very eco-friendly, this year we are implementing a project that will allow us to have a carbon footprint below zero. All heating and cooling in the hotel plus DHW will now be by produced by geothermal energy and we have doubled our solar production.
We have an excellent cook who prepares all kinds of Alentejan dishes to perfection.
We are part of the BikeHotels network and have bicycles to rent to our guests.
We have Tesla chargers to charge our guests' cars.
Because we listen to our guests' opinions and want them to feel at home, every year we make an improvement at the suggestion of our guests. This year it was the illuminated magnifying mirrors in the bathrooms.
Double or Twin rooms.
Spacious rooms with double bed (1.60 x 2.00) or two single beds (1.00 x 2.00), private bathroom with amenities pack and hairdryer. Entrance hall with wardrobe, safe, TV, WiFi, minibar and private balcony or access to interior patio.
Spacious suites with living room, fireplace, kitchenette, private porch with garden furniture, TV, WiFi, safe, 1 bedroom with double bed (1.60 x 2.00), bathroom with hairdryer and amenities pack.
We have catering services available and an excellent cook. We mainly serve typical dishes from the Alentejo, but can prepare other dishes for vegetarians or people with allergies.
Guests select the dishes they want from our menu with at least 2 hours' notice, and we prepare everything on the spot.
(Restaurant closed on Wednesdays)
- We produce 40% of our electricity with photovoltaic panels and are submitting a project to double our capacity.
- We have solar collectors for our DHW and pool heating. On cloudy days we supplement this with a biomass boiler, but with the implementation of Geothermal Energy we will eliminate the Biomass boiler, thus taking our carbon emissions for heating to zero.
- Both heating and cooling of the hotel are provided by underfloor water and not by air conditioning.
- We separate organic waste and have a composting station.
- We have a contract with VALNOR for the collection of paper, glass and plastic.
- We have eliminated about 70% of our plastic usage by installing a treated water machine and our glass bottles are sterilised and reused.
- All our lights are LED.
- We do not use diesel and only use gas in the restaurant kitchen cooker as we have not yet found an alternative.
- We are submitting a project to replace the biomass boiler with geothermal for heating/cooling and DHW.
- We plant between 500 and 2000 trees per year and have already achieved an "oasis" in the dry Alentejo which sequesters many tons of carbon.
- We have our own vegetable garden.
- On the main sloping land we have made contour ditches (swales) to retain water and help irrigate the soil, reducing erosion and promoting reforestation.
- We preferably use local and organic suppliers and buy fresh produce in bulk.
- Monte da Provença 7350-481 São Vicente, Elvas, Portugal
- tel: (+351) 912 799 202
- email@example.com Contact