Located on the Alentejo coast, in the municipality of Santiago do Cacém and parish council of Abela, the Giestal Estate extends over 71 hectares and is completely surrounded by oaks, human influence being practically non-existent. The Monte do Giestal – Casas de Campo & SPA aim to become your estate, your second home, and your first choice for resting, socializing with family and friends, and enjoying nature in its purest state.
Monte do Giestal is not just another rural tourism spot, but the place to experience utmost rural tourism and the first choice for those seeking the beauty of the countryside on the coast of Alentejo.
The property includes a set of cottages built in traditional architectonic style combining the simplicity of what it means to be in, and from Alentejo, with the required and much deserved comfort of our times.
In y(our) Monte do Giestal you will find 10 detached cottages, a reception area where you can take your meals, a games room, a living room where you can take a rest, and also a large terrace where you can enjoy the sun and the countryside breeze. The spa offers you a large array of massages to choose from, but should you prefer to exercise a little, the facilities also include a gym. If you prefer outdoor activities, you can opt for a dip in the pool or a tennis match in the court.
We have not forgotten children either, and for them we have a playground where they can have lots of fun.
Do you wish to bring your pet? Feel free! The estate has a kennel/cattery and your four-legged friend is most welcome here.
Monte do Giestal – Casas de Campo & SPA stemmed from the dream of being able to share with all those visiting us the simplicity of hospitality, the unique flavours of local cuisine, the relaxing landscape of Alentejo, the aromas of the earth and finally, and all the best we have to share…
Monte do Giestal has 10 cottages with 1 bedroom (T1) or two bedrooms (T2), and one of them is equipped to receive guests with reduced mobility. All cottages have air conditioning, kitchen with stove, fridge, dishwasher, and the living room has a fireplace for the colder days. Each cottage has been decorated in accordance with a theme and each has a tale to tell. Do you know the name of the oak fruit? Have you ever seen a wild olive? Do you know what cork is used for? Probably you do, but it can surely be used for much more than you think! Come along and discover everything that Monte do Giestal has to offer you.
The decoration took into account the earthy tones and materials processed by hand in order to make this a unique, simple, authentic and, above all, a warm and cosy atmosphere. We want you to feel at home at Monte do Giestal!
The SPA area was conceived to complement the accommodation and a good meal, or even as an opportunity to relax after all the energy spent on outdoor activities. Associated with the concept «Health through Water», Monte do Giestal also aims to provide wellness through the rural environment and by incorporating what is most characteristic of Alentejo.
The SPA has a covered area spanning over 300 m2 and provides the following services:
- Infrared sauna
- Turkish bath
- Sensations shower
- Heated swimming pool with several sets of massages
- Relaxation rom
- Vichy shower
- Massage room (*)
- Whirlpool in Ofurö tub
Or if you prefer…who knows……you can enjoy a massage under the shade of the oak tree……the choice is yours. Indulge!
(*) Massages require prior reservation! Reserve in advance to make the most of everything that Monte do Giestal has to offer.
At Monte do Giestal you will find a wide range of activities to occupy your leisure and rest periods.
- How about a bike ride or a walk in the extensive area of the property?
- For the children, playing in the sand or spending a good time at the playground. Everything will become an adventure;
- Or a picnic in the countryside;
- A glass of wine and a good book sitting on a traditional bench amidst the cork trees;
- Do you have time for a nap after lunch or before dinner? No! So, do enjoy. Lie down and fall asleep to the sound of birds and wind, under the shade of a centenary tree;
- But if it gets too hot, it is best to take a swim in the pool and play with your little one in the water;
- In the evening, maybe a game of tennis;
- Alternatively, you can spend the afternoon enjoying the traditional games we have at your disposal, which is perhaps the best way to wait for dinner: a sack race, playing hopscotch, or a game with marbles;
- If you enjoy decorative works and handcraft, what do you think of attending classes where you will be able to produce true “masterpieces” in a short time, or perhaps oil painting in the countryside?
- Have you ever seen cork harvesting? Have you ever visited an olive oil mill? Or black pig production using the camping system? This is your chance!
If you prefer other activities outsider the property, perhaps you can enjoy:
- A jeep tour;
- A dip in the sea or a boat trip along the Alentejo coast;
- A good fishing session;
- Paint ball, archery, abseiling, among many other cultural, heritage, and sports possibilities.
Tell us what you would like to find in (y)our Monte do Giestal rural tourism and we will do the (im)possible to meet your wishes and expectations. We want your stay to have plenty of excitement.
In Monte do Giestal you have the opportunity to book your meals. However, should you prefer to cook them in your country house and cannot be bothered to go shopping, we offer a home delivery service. Make a list and we will deal with the rest .
If you get dirtier than planned, do not worry, we offer a laundry service
Should you wish to go to the hairdresser but feel the atmosphere here is so pleasant that you don’t want to leave the premises, this is fine, as the hairdresser/manicure/pedicure will come to you. We will just call them
If you want to bring your pet, just do it. The kennel is waiting for your friend and water is always available.